TV Escape Room
Back on November 20th 2018, American soap opera General Hospital aired an episode where many of the main characters attended an escape room as a joint bachelor/bachelorette party.
I’ve linked a Youtube playlist here which includes all the clips of the tv escape room in play.
Plus I kept track of my thoughts as I watched it, just for fun.
- Port Charles Manor of Mayhem – that’s a great escape company name.
- I think this ringer knows less about playing escape rooms and more about sleeping with the ladies.
- This escape room doesn’t have anywhere to put their coats? That sucks.
- Yessss to the bored employee reading the game script they know by heart but have lost all will to live.
- One of these mannequin’s person’s
real lifeperson victim whatever, they’re going to turn out to be alive aren’tthey?
- Using local crime stories hits a little too close to home for these players
they’re locked in, what?!?!? noooo
- They need
- We’re trapped in here for the night? Oh lord.
- “One way we can definitely get out of here. Beat the game!” Yes. That’s the point.
- “It’s just a gum wrapper – do you think it’s a clue?” Some of those Red Herrings maybe…
- Feeling up the mannequin eh? Typically those mannequins would be naked and in pieces on the floor by now.
- Soap opera has to maintain ominous long stares to build tension before a commercial break – but those don’t happen in escape rooms because people are usually yelling.
- Helps that these people were friends with the murder victims, and murderers, they know all the details.
- Intelligent Electronic Lock – where can you get one of those?
- BLACKLIGHT ALERT BLACKLIGHT ALERT
Dudeyou didn’t even turn it on – oh there we go.
- I’m glad no one asked what you use a floppy disk for.
- “Diego – the text message killer right?”
Geezthis town has issues.
- Man that’s a great prop phone
- I’m quite enjoying how the score is amping tension as if they’re really in danger, and not for hilarious adrenaline like players usually experience haha.
- Hidden room ALERT
- 6 minutes oh no! This door is locked too?
Wowwhat a surprise.
- There’s like 4 puzzles in each game. No way this took them an hour.
buh buh buhhhhh
- “Are there any clues we haven’t used yet?” – This guy’s the real ringer
Sorrywhat? Ice Princess? I mean I guess, but that’s some serious logic jumping
- Oh god if confetti fell from the ceiling every time a group won? The cleanup… the reset!! And in the lobby?!?
- Oooh villainous twins – and of course this whole experience leads to the show hinting the villain is still alive.
For a TV Escape Room – That was cute overall. I approve!
- Bonus scenes from the next episode:
- “You Gave My Daughter a Roofie!”
- Sonny better
betalking to his daughter in that clip. He’s so old and she looks super young!